SOURCES Bowls: Target. Cardstock: WorldWin Papers. Ribbon: Heidi Grace Designs (sheer, small rickrack, medium rickrack), Making Memories (large rickrack), Offray (wired, yellow). Watercolors: Crayola.
Did you see these super cute jellyfish on page 122 in our August issue? Lisa Storms and her son Owen made them from paper plates. They are really easy to make! Here’s how:
- Paint the bottom of a paper bowl with watercolors.
- Trim eyes from cardstock using kid-friendly scissors. Don’t have cardstock on hand? Draw the eyes with markers.
- On the inside of the bowl, add liquid adhesive and place the ends of some ribbon in it. Place another bowl on top (with the ribbon sticking out) and let it dry.
- Have an adult poke two small holes in the center of the bowl. Thread fishing line through the bowl so it creates a loop under the bowl.
- Tie ribbon and trim to the loop, then tighten the loop to secure the ribbon.